Moving House Checklist
When moving house it is critical to have a plan in mind, having a moving house checklist is a great idea, and will make your moving process go much smoother and efficiently. So We have made our own checklist to try and make your move as easy and stress free as possible.
4 – 6 Weeks Before Moving House
- Start Collection Moving Boxes And various packing materials if you will be packing
- Book in your removalists, or if you are doing the move yourself, organise a trailor and some friends for the day
- declutter your house to make packing easier
- Packing – Start packing unused items if you are planning on doing the packing for your move.
- Let your real estate agent or landlord know about your upcoming move and settle outstanding bills.
- Organise to have a cleaner on moving day for after the movers are done
- Donate unwanted or un used items
- repairs – If you have any damages you may have cause make sure to repair these in order to get your bond back.
- Start Organising a tip pile for items you don’t need.
- Organise storage – important if you have a settlement that doesn’t line up.
3 Weeks Before Moving House
- Make sure all paperwork is safely put away in a box that you will have access to come moving day.
- Notify anyone that need to know information about your move and make sure to re route your address for: Bank, Medicare, car license, superannuation, frequent flyer/loyalty programs, insurance (car, home, health, life etc)
2 Weeks Before Moving House
- Cancel utilities at existing home and redirect utilities to your new residence to be installed on moving day (electricity, gas, water, internet, phone, or pay tv)
- If you have children or pets, make arrangements for babysitting or pet sitting on the day of the move.
- arrange for final Meter reading & disconnection of utilities.
- Settle any outstanding accounts.
- redirect any newspapers or upcoming deliveries.
- Do you need a parking permit at your new residence? If so apply for one through your council.
1 Week Before Moving House
- Take that rubbish pile you made to the tip.
- Make an appointment for a property inspection so you can re coup any bond owing from property.
- Clean out your pantry and fridge.
- Gather all valuable items and documents and pack these items yourself in a box that you have access to at all times! (keys, wallet, passport, important documents,jewellery, birth certificates, medications)
- Don’t Forget Your Moving House Checklist!
- Make sure important items don’t get mixed up with removalists items, make sure to load important items and documents into your car.
- Do a final sweep of the property to make sure you haven’t left anything behind that you may need.
- Turn off the water, gas, and electricity switches.
- Grab your keys for the home and or spares swell and make sure to get these to your real estate agent
- leave a note behind for next tennant with your forwarding address incase any mail is sent there
So now that your in, sit back crack a well deserved glass of bubbly and enjoy your new home!
Call us today on 0403 559 241 for a free no obligation quote on your upcoming move.